From: Rachel
Sent: Thursday, June 29, 2006 11:52 AM
Subject: Re: Devastated...Mr. Dobbs My New FIV Rescue Died After NeuterSurgery

Thank you all for the kind words.  It is still such a shock for me and I'm sick that he died alone.  I just hate that.  I wish I had slept in that room with him, there is a daybed in there, perhaps he would have woken me up and let me know something was wrong.

I questioned the vaccinations also, wondering if that could have been a possibility.  Normally, in rescue, we don't vaccinate the same day we do surgery and I'm not a fan of combo vaccinations or vaccinating for Rabies at the same time of other vaccines.  The vet comped the surgery and all vaccinations, so I wasn't going to turn her down.  Though he had FIV, he clearly seemed healthy and asymptomatic.  I just pray it was fast and painless for him.  I doubt I'll ever get over that he passed lying at the door waiting for me to come back in and give him some more love.

Thank you again for being so supportive.  On a positive note, I just read the message regarding the person looking for a FIV+ cat and that someone adopted one out to them, so that is very positive to read.  And I heard from a recent adopter of 3 of our FeLV+ 12 week old kittens that they are thriving and gaining weight and adjusting very well in their new home.

Rachel

Operation Foster Felix
"Sharing Our Hearts, Homes & Litter Boxes"

Checked by AVG Free Edition.