Beth, Alice was a lucky girl to have such a loving person to give her the love she needed and deserved in her short time here.Bless you.It is very hard working in rescue when they leave us,but the reward of knowing we loved them when no one else would helps the healing process.
Sherry

Gary Murphy <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Hello everyone,
I am the newbie from a few weeks back that had a litter of five, with one FeLV positive.  I was trying to find a home for her so that she could live out her life unsequestered, but didn't realize how terribly difficult that is.  Nina, you wrote then that perhaps she had found her way to me for a reason, and that her home was meant to be with me.  I believe you were right.  I never did find anyone else to love her, thank goodness, because she worked her way right into my heart.  For the past month I have spent all my free time with her, taking her outside on a leash every evening and playing with her, snuggling with her, and just enjoying her company, knowing that her time may be short.  Unfortunately, it was very short.  She came down with a high fever, antibiotics helped for a few days, but she began to swell with abdominal fluid and spiked a 106 degree temperature.  FIP is likely, but not confirmed.  An aspiration of the fluid showed it to be yellow, but not as dark a yellow as is normally seen with FIP, so it was inconclusive.  She was suffering, struggling for each breath, I am missing her terribly, but I couldn't let her keep on like that.  She crossed over at 10:30 this morning.  I have read with sorrow of the recent struggles and losses on this list (dear Ceasar!), how you folks in rescue have the strength to go through this over and over, I don't know.  Bless you all, and thank you for all the advice and encouragement.

Peace,
Beth

Peace,

Gary Murphy