Belinda,
   Thanks so much for all the links!  This is great, lots of food for thought.  So, how was pancreatitis finally diagnosed with Bailey?  I don't think I have read a lot about pancreatitis in cats but have done some reading about dogs with it.  I'm sorry you lost your sweet boy that way.

Anne and Jimi Too Cool, Simms and Sophie in MI, among other furry friends

********************************************************************************************************************************

Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2006 05:36:30 -0700
From: Belinda <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: Stomattis gone south?
To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org

     Hi Anne,
   With Bailey sometimes when it was getting to be feeding time he would
hide, I'd have to find him and then there were tow times when I was
feeding him and he jumped and ran, caught me completely by surprise.
Every time I got close to him he would run, it took me a few minutes
both times to start feeding again.  I told my vet about it but since his
blood work or other tests didn't indicate pancreatitis we didn't really
consider it.  It was only after he passed we figured it out, by then it
had turned into cancer.  Diarrhea is not a common symptom, vomiting
would be more likely but some cats don't do that either.

*Here are a few websites that talk about it:*

http://www.howtodothings.com/pets-and-animals/a3143-how-to-identify-and-treat-feline-pancreatitis.html

http://www.peteducation.com/article.cfm?cls=1&cat=1329&articleid=334

http://www.soundvet.com/Pages/Rsrc/Cases/CS0509.01/Feline_pancreatitis.html
(this page has measurements of what the normal feline pancreatic
structure should be, maybe print it out and take to your vet as a guideline)

http://www.vin.com/VINDBPub/SearchPB/Proceedings/PR05000/PR00114.htm

http://www.marvistavet.com/html/pancreatitis__feline_.html

Here is a page with several links:
http://feline-diabetes-search-engine-swicki.eurekster.com/Feline+Pancreatitis/

Bailey's symptoms were, lethargy, and weight loss, once he had the
feeding tube he had discomfort when being fed, but his bloodwork,
ultrasound, and xray all showed his organs as normal, except his spleen
which was slightly enlarged but biopsies of that came back normal.  He
started out being anemic, not sure if that is a symptom or not, but we
attributed his lethargy and anorexia to that.  Once we had his bloodwork
all normal again we couldn't figure out why he wasn't bouncing back.  It
was pancreatitis all along.

--

Belinda
happiness is being owned by cats ...

Be-Mi-Kitties
http://bemikitties.com

http://adopt.bemikitties.com

FeLV Candlelight Service
http://bemikitties.com/cls

http://HostDesign4U.com

BMK Designs [non-profit animals websites]
http://bmk.bemikitties.com