I remember the incidents Hideyo mentioned happening,
and I think in at least a couple of cases the vet did
not use ISO gas and/or did not give fluids.  I think
continually going into heat may be more stressful in
the long run because it's a continual lifelong thing.
Just my opinion.  Hideyo is right though, it's a
personal choice and only you can make it.  Good luck
Maggie.

--- Hideyo Yamamoto