Oh yeah, I see what you're saying. So you never do a full box change with the scoopable you use? Wow, that's amazing, I always had to change the entire box at least once a month, as the clumps would break up over time, and the bits would be too small to scoop, so it would begin to reek after a month. You must be using a brand I had never tried.

Yeah, you're right about the FIV and FELV contagions risks. FELV is more apt to be transmitted than FIV if all the cats are friendly to each other. I wouldn't think twice of mixing a FIV in with negatives, if the FIV cat was friendly and there wasn't any risk of him attacking anyone. Unfortunately, for me, I have an FIV+ cat here now that is stuck outside (and I don't believe in outdoor cats, other than ferals, but I have no options), because he is VICIOUS to other cats. He's a horrible beast, really. Sweet as a kitten to humans, dogs, and kids, but HATES other cats with a passion. So in cases like that, I wouldn't mix, so he has to live outside. I've been trying to find him a home with no other cats for months and months, but no takers so far. All the dog people don't want a cat, and all the people that might want to adopt a cat already have at least one, so he can't go there. Really discouraging for me, because I have ferals that wont come home most of the time because he attacks them. It's getting colder now, and they NEED to be able to come get in their insulated shelter, so Zack is a huge concern for me right now. I really hate to euthanize this cat, but it may come to that soon.

Phaewryn

Please adopt a cat from Little Cheetah Cat Rescue!!! http://ucat.us/adopt.html
Low cost Spay&Neuter services in VT, and Emergency Financial Assistance for cat owners:
http://ucat.us/VermontLowCost.html
Special Needs Cat Resources: http://ucat.us/domesticcatlinks.html
The Sofa Poem: http://ucat.us/sofapoem.html
Please shop online through i-give and support the Feline Veterinary Emergency Assistance Program:
http://www.igive.com/FVEAP
Shop at GREAT stores, like Drs. Foster & Smith, Pet Food Direct, Musician's Friend, and LOTS more!
It doesn't cost you a single penny more, and it makes so much difference to a sick cat in need!
Checked by AVG Free Edition.