Sheila, I have no better advice to offer, but want to add that your neighbors should be soundly kicked for leaving their poor old boy in so much trouble.  Shame on them, and bless your kind heart for wanting to help this poor baby.

Diane R.
-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]On Behalf Of Susan Hoffman
Sent: Sunday, September 24, 2006 9:56 PM
To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
Subject: Re: Sick kitty

At 15, he may have some dental problems.  The brown discharge from the eyes sounds like it could be an upper respiratory infection (uri).  Any discharge from the nose?

Can you get him inside and put him in the bathroom by himself till you can get him to the vet?  Clean him up a little and get some good food in him?  It will make it easier to figure out what's going on with him.

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
My neighbors have moved away leaving behind an orange tabby .He is 15 years old .I want to take him in but he is very sick .He has a brown discharge  from his eyes and mouth, It's so bad that the fur on his chest and legs are brown. I have never seen any thing like it .I don't know if he will let me catch him and I can't bring him in contact with my cats until I can get him to a doctor. Please someone tell me what it might be. It's killing me seeing him like this .I know he must be suffering.  Sheila