That is very well said!
Thank you I will certainly tell her my thoughts and to keep her opinions to herself if she says anything to me.

In a message dated 10/28/2006 11:58:43 A.M. Pacific Standard Time, [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
If someone has a sick child who needs very expensive medical care, would anyone tell them that the same amount of money could save 30 children dying of malaria in another country (which is probably true)?  By her reasoning, no one should ever get expensive medical care for themselves, their kids, or their animals, because the same amount of money could always be used to buy simpler, cheaper life-saving care for other humans or animals in other places.  There is of course logic to it.  But love has its own logic, and the truth is that no matter what we do we can not save everyone.

So it is good that the tech saves many animals over a few, in her own life, I guess.  But it is nonsensical, as well as inappropriate and ineffective, for her to try to convince you to do the same.  While she may save many, she obviously has never loved one in quite the way the way that we have, in a way that explodes logic and just creates a fierce need to protect them and maintain their life and happiness.

If she tries to say anything to you again, tell her you have different priorities than her, and a lot of love for your individual animals.

Michelle