Gina,
Thank you for your caring thoughts!
I take everything seriously when a kitty is ill even if I don't know what I'm doing sometimes. I have been known to be a strong person and hold my own. This time I couldn't do it. It must be my age as I grow older getting softer. Normally, I'm hard as nails.
Yes, Dukee was a very brave and loving soul. He will be missed greatly by his furfamily and us.
He did fight to live but guess it was too overwhelming for him.
We buried him next to his buddy Sam. Said prayers and put a copy of the Rainbow Bridge with him as I have done with all of my pet losses in the past. So everyone has their poem with them.
I have candles going on right now that are scented Baby Powder.
Which was his favorite to smell believe it or not.