Brenda, I'm so sorry about Schumacher.  I'm sure he's at the Bridge telling everybody about his great people.  Comfort vibes to you and your husband.  And retroactively for your losses this year.

Diane R.
-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]On Behalf Of Tim Lyons
Sent: Monday, November 13, 2006 6:42 PM
To: Felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
Subject: You are my support group-please add Schumacher to the CLS

I know I only post to this group when I have a tragedy, but I read almost all the posts online daily.  I feel like you all are my support group although I don't have any FeLV+ cats any more.  I lost my last one in June.

Anyway, our FIV+ Schumacher as gone to Rainbow Bridge today.  About 6 weeks ago he went to the vet because he was a little depressed and wasn't eating well.  The bloodwork showed kidney problems (elevated BUN & creatinine) and below normal PCV.  He spent 5 days in the hospital and the vet pulled him through.  He's been on prednisolone, cyproheptadine, Pepsid AC, Procrit & sub-Q fluids.  Over the weekend, he just took a nose dive and wouldn't eat or drink anything.  He was drooling and gagging at the sight of any food.

I took him back to the vet this morning and she didn't think anythig else could be done.  His anemia appeared to be gone, but he was just very depressed and vocalizing (normally quiet) alot when I tried to hold him.  He had clearly had enough of the needles & pills.  The vet recommend PTS and I decided it was the best thing.

He was a very loving orange tabby with a little "cat"titude on the side and was my husband's favorite.  This is never easy and it's already been a rough year.  We've lost 2 others since June.  Please add our Schumacher to the CLS as a non-positive.

Thanks for always being there to listen when I need you all.

Brenda