And again, I defend my stance.  Lysine deficiencies can result in lowered
immune function.  Period.  Even if it only helps combat the herpes virus (as
opposed to FeLV), it is STILL AN IMMUNE SYSTEM BOOSTER!  And keeping the immune
system boosted is of utmost importance in keeping the FeLV virus from kicking
in.  That is why we say a great diet and a stress-free environment are the two
most important things in keeping FeLV+ kitties healthy, because those things
help the immune system stay strong.  The quote you sent says specificially that
even though it helps control the herpes virus, they believe lysine has no
effect on the immune system and no effect on other pathogens AS FAR AS THEY
KNOW.  Which means they don't know for sure it does not.

Lysine is an essential amino acid that the human body needs (not sure about the
feline body, but I'm betting yes), yet cannot make it on it's own.  It must
come from food/external sources.  Lysine helps to form and maintain muscle,
bone, and other tissues.  Often, the FeLV virus manifests itself in the bone
marrow, which we all know is when the disease causes fatal problems, such as
lymphoma and anemia.  While I am no doctor or scientist, given this knowledge,
it's still common sense to me that an amino acid that aids in maintaining bone
and tissue would be beneficial to fighting FeLV when you consider the
implications on the bone marrow.

I don't think there are enough/any studies done to say that lysine does not
directly combat the FeLV virus/virus replication.  If there are, could you
kindly post those studies MC?  And a moratorium on the sarcasm would also be
appreciated by me especially.

Respectfully,
Wendy

 "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful committed citizens can change
the world - indeed it is the only thing that ever has!"     ~~~ Margaret Meade
~~~