Kim, I am sorry you are going through this with your dear Cole...only you and
your vet will know when it is time to let him go...I just lost my very first
rescued baby....he was only 7...not nearly old enough to go!  Warm, loving
thoughts for you both.> From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]> To:
felvtalk@felineleukemia.org> Date: Tue, 12 Aug 2008 08:45:54 -0500> Subject:
[Felvtalk] my Cole, help!> > > I am afraid I am on the verge of losing my loved
and adored kitty, Cole. I have had him for 6 1/2 years and we have had our ups
and downs with some illnesses but nothing a little TLC and medicine couldn't
handle. I got Cole when he was 5 months old from the Humane Society and about a
week after adopting him I found out he was feline leukemia positive. The Humane
Society said they would take him back and give me a "new" kitty. By that point
my heart was completely in love with him and there was no turning back, I had
to meet this challenge with strength and do all I had to take care of him. Up
until this point I knew that he would make it through all of the colds,
pneumonia's, gastro-intestinal issues, but now I am not sure anymore. He is not
acting like he would normally when he is sick..no sneezing, coughing, breathing
difficulties, or diarrhea. He just lays around all the time, doesnt seem to be
eating much or drinking much. Wet food doesnt even make him happy! I have
noticed that he is losing weight as well. I have an appointment with the vet
today to get him checked out but I am scared that this will just be the
beginning of the end. I am unsure of how far to let him go. I don't know if I
should keep treating everything or if I should give up? The last thing I would
ever want to do is prolong his life and make him suffer more just so I could
have more time with him. Does anyone have any words of advice? I am new to this
posting and I am afraid of losing one of the most important things in my life
and I am not sure how to even go about dealing with any of it! Kim>