From: Jennifer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "felvtalk@felineleukemia.org" <felvtalk@felineleukemia.org>
Sent: Thursday, August 14, 2008 7:34:15 PM
Subject: [Felvtalk] Vet visit update

Morrison and Isobel are both FeLV NEGATIVE!  I was so happy when I found out!
Those were the longest 10 minutes of my life (the time it takes for the test
results).  They both got their FeLV vaccine.  At first they weren't going to
give Isobel one because she's pregnant (the vet confirmed) but then they found
their FeLV vaccine for pregnant kitties.  I spoke with my vet about a
spay-abort and he said basically it was my choice, but that is something he
does (for a much bigger price), but he said I should also consider no-kill
shelters.  There's a shelter that brings cats who're up for adoption to my
vet's office and they're on display in the lobby.  He told me to take the
kittens there after they've been weened and seen by him and most likely they'd
be adopted out sooner rather than later, and possibly even displayed in his
office, and their kittens always go fast.  There's an adoption application and
a donation fee, so as to make sure they're
being adopted into good homes who really want them.  I got the feeling from my
vet that he's not too fond of doing spay-abortions.  He said if I do choose to
do that, I need to do it within the next two weeks tops because he guesstimated
that she's going to give birth within four weeks, give or take.

As for Ash, he got his rabies vaccination and he's all set to get neutered on
the 28th.  I discussed supplements for him and he recommended Lisine
(spelling).  He said I can get it at most health food stores, or maybe even
Walmart.  250 mgs a day.  I am going to look into other supplements as well.  I
have names of some.  With the supplements and with periodic wellness visits,
Ash should be fine for a while (I hope).

 Jennifer - PROUD VEGETARIAN & LOCAL SPCA VOLUNTEER.  Be their voice.
        ~ loving mama to ~
            Morrison (born Oct. 10, 2000)
            Isobel aka Fat Girl (born Feb. 7, 2007)
            Ash (born July 11, 2007, diagnosed FeLV+ July 28, 2008)