Sue, what great news about Buzz.  Glad the treatment plan worked for him.  We
all learned from your experience.
Sharyl

--- On Tue, 9/2/08, Sue Koren <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

From: Sue Koren <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: [Felvtalk] Good News!
To: "FeLV Talk" <felvtalk@felineleukemia.org>
Date: Tuesday, September 2, 2008, 11:26 AM

Some of you may remember my FeLV+ kitty, Buzz, had  anemia a couple of months
ago.  His red blood cell level was down to 8% and the replacement vet gave him
two days to live.  Because of the advise of people from this list I demanded he
be put on Doxycycline, and when my regular vet came back he also put him on
prednesone.  His blood levels have been steadily rising since then.  He finished
the Doxy and two weeks ago we started to back off on the Prednesone when his red
blood level was at 32%.  He was just tested again and his level is at
38%.  I feel like he is a miracle kitty!  We hear so many of the very sad
stories on this list that it feels good to report something happy.  Thank you
all so much for your help and support.