I would not worry about mixing in this situation. jmo based on my experience of
over 10 years of dealing with mixing.
  tonya

Carolyn Rauschert <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
  Dorlis,

I took in a FELV+ male cat last May. He was a stray who wanted to come in,
but wasn't neutered. He became deathly sick after he was neutered by the
Humane Society. They did not test him first. Since I felt responsible, I
took him in to nurse. I doctored him the best I could and he has thrived. I
kept him apart from my other 4 female negative cats for three months. Now I
am letting him out for a good part of the day. He goes in his room at night
(he has his own bedroom) and I feed him separate as best I can.. All my
other cats have been vaccinated for years. I could not keep him locked up
forever. Single MOM.Carolyn