Olá amigos,
As already told, Pupa (8 years old) was tested FeLV+ in January/2008 and
diagnosed with lymploma (large cell type) at the submandibular lymphnode in
april. Since then, she has been treated with Staphylococcal Protein A and has
recovered very well from severe thrombocytopenia and  neutropenia.  The
lymphoma had an apparent short time of remission but returned in a persistent
constant slow growth.
A chemmo protocol using L-asparaginase+Prednisone was initiated and interrupted
after 3 weeks since no effect was noted. A recent ultrasonographic image exam
showed a large and encapsulated tumor. Considering that Pupa upholds good
red/white BCC, I decided to begin a more aggressive chemmo protocol (COP:
cyclophosphamide, vincristine, predinisone) two weeks ago.
The response was surprisingly: five days after the first COP session, the tumor
reduced to an unstructured mass, and at the eighth day, when the second
vincristine injection was done, no sign of it could be founded by touch
inspection. The vets were astonished such a rapid remission and we are praying
so that thus remains for a long long time. The third chemmo session is to be
tomorrow, after checking the results of her new hematological exam.
My question, I hope you could help me by previous experience or knowledge
about, is:

Should I have to shorten the protocol or at least reduce the drugs dosage (in
order to avoid the side effects that are beginning to appear)?

Any information will be very welcome,
Many thanksSincerely...
Hebert
http://www.butantan.gov.br/ecoevo/index_ing.htm