Hi all,
My FeLV foster kitten, Daisy (about 14 weeks old now) has had soft
stools, and sometimes uncontrollable diarrhea, ever since she was found
in the street at 3 weeks.
When I began fostering her about 5 weeks ago she had been taking meds
for coccidia for several weeks without improvement. I took her to my
vet, who has state of the art everything, including feces-testing
methods, and he found that her coccidia had cleared up (it never
actually goes away) and what she had was (bad) bacterial growth. He put
her on a 3-meds treatment plan that included 5 days Panacure.
She has control now, but her stool is still baby food consistency.
My question is---have any of you ever used an exclusive diet of broiled
or raw chicken to treat a *kitten's* diarrhea/loose stool?
I've used it successfully with my former adult FeLV, Snoball, but I'm
worried about the effects of an incomplete (albeit temporary) diet of
this kind on a kitten.
I'd also welcome hearing of any other successful ways that anyone may
have found in treating kittens' loose stools.
Thanks!
Kerry M.

IRS CIRCULAR 230 NOTICE. Any tax advice expressed above by Mayer Brown LLP was
not intended or written to be used, and cannot be used, by any taxpayer to
avoid U.S. federal tax penalties. If such advice was written or used to support
the promotion or marketing of the matter addressed above, then each offeree
should seek advice from an independent tax advisor.