On 10-31, Sharyl wrote:
> Kelly, how does one go about finding a a list of sanctuaries for
> pets to list in ones will.  I have a combo of healthy cats, CRF
> kitties, and FeLV+ kitties.  I'd like to make plans in advance.  At
> 61 I can reasonably expect to live for many years but there is
> always the chance of accidents, unexpected illness, etc.  How does
> a person plan for something like this when it might not be needed
> for 20 yrs? Sharyl

This is a HUGE concern of mine too.  I have 15 cats at home, and I'm
75 and my husband is 86!!   Some of these cats are quite young and
I'm sure we won't out live them.  I'll pay whatever is necessary to
find them a good home, but finding the place or persons is the
problem.  In my will I left $2,000 per cat to each person who will
take one of my babies, but so far I've not found anyone who will
take them.  My three grown kids can take one or two each, but they
all have a bunch of cats and dogs of their own.  I worry about this
constantly.  If anyone has any ideas speak up.

Lorrie in WV