He has already exposed your other cats.  they are adults and vaccinated.  there
is like a 1% chance they are going to get the felv from this kitten.  Wait
about 3 months and retest your kitten and you may find he is negative after
all.  cats test positive when they have been recently exposed.  once time has
passed they sometimes retest negative.  Keep the faith!  Your little one may
still fight this off.  Do you see any symptoms besides the diarrhea (which lots
of kittens have!)  I also would start shopping around for a more educated vet.
  take care,
  tonya

Lisa Borden <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

My kitten tested positive on his IFA test. My vet told me I should
keep him isolated, or euthanize him. I couldn't do the latter, and
isolating him ... well, I think that would just stress everyone out
even more. So after calling a good friend while sitting outside of
the vet's office last night, in tears, he's still with me, with my
other cats, and I'm treating him for his diarrhea. My other cats have
been vaccinated - my girl had her booster last month, and my other boy
is going in on Thursday for his booster. He's the one I'm concerned
about. He's the absolute LOVE of my life. But he's the picture of
health, and I intend to keep it that way.

Please just tell me that I can do this ... that I'm doing the right
thing.

Lisa