Enjoy the time you have.  No one, not person or cat or mouse, is
guaranteed a minute of life.  If we spend all our time wondering when
we or our friends may leave, we will deprive ourselves of their
happiness and wisdom and we will prevent them from loving us and
teaching us.  We all die some times and we all die from something.
The idea is to enjoy all of life as much as possible and not to fear
death.  I know.  It is almost impossible but I have learned from Mai
Mai PG, the Royal Princess Kitty Katt, and my wonderful Dixie Louise.
Please try to learn and love without fear.
On Dec 1, 2008, at 12:59 PM, Christy Buchin wrote:

> Amber,
> Thank you for your kind words.  I totally understand about the "what
> if".  My husband and I are always saying, what if we would have
> tested him when he was a kitten and got to this sooner.  The Vet did
> not think we needed to test the kittens because their Mom tested
> negative.
> I am so sorry you lost Parker!  I know I will be experiencing that
> in the near future and it frightens me so!  I have taken a lot of
> pictures of Gray Kitty.  I keep them in a photo album on my myspace
> page.  I am writing a blog on there about him as well.  I know the
> pain of losing Parker is deep.  He knows he was very loved and taken
> care of!  :o)> From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]> To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
> > Date: Sat, 29 Nov 2008 03:41:45 +0000> Subject: Re: [Felvtalk]
> LTCI Response> > > Christy,> I'm so sorry to hear about your little
> Gray Kitty! When our cat Parker died earlier this month, I found out
> about> LTCI afterwards. I wondered if I would have known about it
> sooner if I could have given him this medicine to help him.> He was
> severely anemic towards the end with no red blood cells. From what
> you are indicating, it may get to a point> with the illness where
> it's too late, huh? > > I wish you the best with the precious time
> you have left with your little one. It certainly makes you
> appreciate the> time you have together, I'm sure. I recently made a
> picture book (using my laptop & digital photos) in memoriam to
> Parker.> It was my special way of honoring him and whenever I look
> at it it's a mixed bag of emotions (sadness that he's gone,> but
> happiness at the good memories we formed). I don't know if you have
> taken many pictures of your Gray Kitty, but it> may help later to
> have all of those memories in picture form to look back and
> reminisce. Take care. > > *Hugs*> Amber> > > Amber,> We have been
> using LTCI on our little Gray Kitty. However, since his diagnosis on
> September 6 of this year, the disease has progressed to his bone
> marrow. At this point we are not sure if anything will help him. We
> have not run into another situation such as ours. We took in a stray
> pregnant female in 2007, which tested negative for the FelV. She had
> 3 male kittens, which we all kept. Our Gray Kitty is the only one
> that has been diagnosed with the FelV. The other two test negative.
> Also Gray Kitty is the only one with the B type blood. We are so
> puzzled, shocked, and very saddened that he has come down with this
> disease. We know our time with him is so very precious. Amber,> > >

Marylyn, Copper & Thomas