Lorrie, this happened to my Shadow (felv neg) and we took him to Missouri
University at Columbia.  they did a n and found a tumor on his spine.  he was
18 and in severe pain, so i couldn't justify keeping him alinve and in pain so
put to sleep.  have your vet check for tumors, since he is young, could be if
it is a tumor, could do something about it.  dorlis