There is a man from a cat forum I belong to who lives in Guntersville, AL.
There is a beautiful lake there that he posted a picture of once.

I am so sorry your Pebbles is positive. It is such a shock to hear that
diagnosis from a vet about your beloved pet.
 Everyone here will tell you that the best thing you can do for her is to
provide the best food you can afford, (Mine get Wellness canned)and an
environment with as little stress as possible.
Changing vets is a good idea seeing as the first thing they wanted to do was
euthanize.  I actually sent a questionnaire around to local vets to try and
chose the best one for my positives.  It is sometimes difficult to find one who
will work with you and your positive.
I have two positives and five negatives.  My negatives are vaccinated and they
all live together without being separated.  There are differences of opinion
about mixing on this list. I am not the most knowledgeable person on this list
but I'm sure there are others who will add to what I have written.
Best of luck to both you and Pebbles.
Sue