It had an opiate in it.
On Apr 5, 2009, at 12:52 PM, Gloria B. Lane wrote:

Right, I remember mentions of it in my childhood... never took it though.

Gloria

On Apr 5, 2009, at 11:14 AM, Lorrie wrote:

I used to use paragoric for myself for diarrhea but that was
years ago.  I didn't think they still sold it.  Last time I
bought it I had to sign for it and that was also years ago.
Apparently drug addicts enjoy it, so I thought they took it
off the market.

Lorrie

On 04-05, Gloria B. Lane wrote:
Wow, paregoric. Have to remember that.   Thanks for the info -

Gloria