I think probably the best option is to feed homemade raw, that way you know
exactly what is in it.  Unfortunately our rescue cannot afford it.
There is premixed raw out there, but it seems to me it would be subject to
the same issues as premixed commercial food of any kind.
I have heard people express concern over feeding raw to immune compromised
cats also.

On Wed, Apr 22, 2009 at 6:49 PM, Belinda Sauro <ma...@bemikitties.com>wrote:

> *    Here we go again:*
>

>> The Food and Drug Administration is looking into a series of pet deaths
>> and illnesses, possibly connected with Nutro Foods.
>>
>> Nutro Foods makes both dog and cat foods sold under brand names Nutro Max,
>> Nutro Natural Choice and Nutro Max Cat.
>>
>> The company has set up a hot line for consumers to call with their
>> concerns -- 800-833-5330.
>>
>>  http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/30331337/
>
> I'm getting really leery of the "good" foods!!
>

> --
>
> Belinda
> happiness is being owned by cats ...
>
> http://bemikitties.com
>
> http://BelindaSauro.com

http://www.rescuties.org

http://www.zazzle.com/rescuties*

http://www.magfundraising.com/rescuties

Help us spay some kitties!

http://rescuties.chipin.com/30-spays-in-30-days

"Rather than helping, it's easier to point fingers and say "take  them first
as long as you leave me alone".