From: felvtalk-boun...@felineleukemia.org
[mailto:felvtalk-boun...@felineleukemia.org] On Behalf Of Judy Eaton
Sent: Thursday, April 23, 2009 4:57 PM
To: Feline leukemia
Subject: [Felvtalk] I'm new here...

This is my introductory note to you guys. I am Judy Eaton and live in
Richland, Oregon, a tiny, remote farming community. I am a lifelong animal
lover, especially of cats, and have owned many. Currently, I have an 11
month old grey tabby, Wilson Combat, who is fel leuk positive. I found out
about the diagnosis when I had him neutered at 5 months, and last weekend
had him checked again, due to lethargy, no appetite, and third eyelid over
one eye. He is still positive. His blood was checked, and actually his count
was pretty good. However, he still isn't eating, and just moping around.

I have offered him every kitty treat I can think of( cooked chicken,
hamburger, tuna), with no luck. He purrs, and looks good,no vomiting or
diarrhea, but the anorexia has to lead to major weight loss. Do these cats
get better and then worse in cycles? I would suspect that. I am an RN and
have had comparable experiences with people with devastating diagnoses, and
guessed that this cat's case may be similar. I am so sad about all this, and
I guess I just need some support!

We are letting him go outside. He has his own kitty door...We are very
isolated, and my husband and I want him to be as happy as he can be. I know
the risks.

Thanks!