From: Laura Mostello <hingebacktorto...@yahoo.com>
To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
Sent: Tuesday, May 5, 2009 11:51:19 PM
Subject: [Felvtalk] Please add Charlotte to the CLS

Charlotte has just passed away.
I came home from work, went into her room and she was lying on her side, crying
and breathing heavily. I ran and let my dogs out, came back to her and held her
for what turned out to be about 4 hours. She gradually slowed down, but was
responding to my voice for quite a while. Eventually that stopped and I knew
she was probably unconscious. She passed at the stroke of midnight, and I know
it sounds crazy, but I immediately felt so calm - I can only explain it by
saying that as soon as she died I physically felt her suffering end. It was so
strange. I am sitting here crying as I write this even though I know it's
better and she won't be in pain any more. But she'd been doing so well and
eating like a pig. Just this morning she was stuffing her face with chicken. So
I thought that maybe I could have her with me for just a while longer, and just
maybe she'd be one who survived despite the odds. Guess I was wrong. I hate
this disease.
Thanks everyone for all your help.
Laura