From: felvtalk-boun...@felineleukemia.org
[mailto:felvtalk-boun...@felineleukemia.org] On Behalf Of Chris
Sent: Tuesday, August 04, 2009 12:04 PM
To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
Subject: Re: [Felvtalk] How to long to separate negative/positive kitties?

Most studies deal only with domestic or trapped ferals who already have been
tested for FELV.  I've always felt that any real study should include
sampling ALL cats, domestic and ferals and specifically exclude any cats
already testing post.  My suspicion is that this virus is a lot more
prevalent than anyone knows.  Just that statistical data would once and for
all bring to light the fact that is NOT as deadly as current studies seem to
imply.  Consider the fact that its been around since the dinosaurs.  If it
were that deadly, then all cats would have died even before they were
domesticated!

Christiane Biagi
Cell:  914-720-6888
ti...@mindspring.com
Volunteer-St. Bernard Parish Animal Shelter
http://www.flickr.com/photos/sbpshelter/sets/72157603921945483/