Thanks to everyone for the well wishes and suggestions
on LG's chest fluid. Thankfully, he is not FeLV+. This fluid
just seemed to come out of nowhere because he is so
healthy otherwise. He is on prednisone and a diuretic
(salix- 12.5mg). He is going to the litterbox about every
three hours to pee now. He is eating, and I saw him drink
some water just awhile ago.

I was worried about how to pill LG because he is so
stubborn about such things. The vet gave (sold!) me
these treats called LeanTreats from NutriSentials. I was
skeptical since LG is so finicky. I put the pills in the treat
and squished it up and put it front of him. He sniffed it for
a bit, licked it once and then acted like he was going to
walk away. Then, he came right back and wolfed it down
in one bite! I was shocked! :)  So, he's getting his pills.

I guess the main questions I have are these. How long
before the fluid builds up again? He's on seven days
straight of the pred and diuretic.. then it goes to every
other day. I was given 20 pills each. He's breathing SO
MUCH better today- no heavy breaths at all. Even after
they drained the fluid yesterday, he was still breathing a
bit heavy. But, that could have been the stress of it all too.
I just want the best for him- a good quality of life for as
long as he wants it... Thanks again for everyone's
assistance. Best wishes to all.

James G. Wilson - phaed...@charter.net
http://www.felineleukemia.org (FeLV Research & Support)
http://www.facebook.com/crambone