lost my first response.  Harley and Dee helped me.  they have discovered the
curser on the screen and loe t o help mother type.
hang in there and be patient.  i hve found that it takes anywhere from 6 - 8
months to socialize a feral much less one that has sufferred any trauma.  just
give her lots of love.
---- Debbie Bates <dlh1...@hotmail.com> wrote:

Yes, it was.  I was totally prepared to give this guy the benefit of the doubt
at first..you know, local politics and alll....but it resembled a concentration
camp far more than anything that could be called sanctuary....I'm still having
nightmares.  My little girl came home with a respiratory infection, injured eye
and significant weight loss from when she left my care less than 6 weeks ago.
There were many, many more who needed to be on meds...but every cat there had
"supposedly" been vetted by the 5 rescue vets that descended on the place.
Even the friendly cats were clearly traumatized still....my heart just breaks.
I don't know what in the world will become of Portia now....but she is safe,
warm and loved...I will work very hard to get her to where she lets me handle
her....I am already making progress....and there is hope.

Debbie (COL)
"Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle"  Philo