Hi. I'm fostering an FIV+ cat right now who has pretty bad stomatitis. We had
his teeth cleaned and 6 of them removed, and after a few weeks of antibiotics
post-dental surgery he was doing much much better-- eating a lot more, gained 3
pounds in 3 weeks, not seeming to have any mouth pain and the redness was all
gone. We stopped the antibiotics (which had been clindamycin then switched to
clavamox) and he remained ok for  a few days. He then went to a potential
adoptive home with another FIV+ cat. A week later she called for us to get him
back, largely because his mouth got really bad again. He is back on Clavamox,
and has been for a few days, but is growling when he eats and can only eat wet
food that we break up into very small pieces. His gums are very inflamed again.
I had 6 FeLV+ cats, but was lucky that none had stomatitis like this. For those
of you whose cats have it or had it, what do you recommend?

thanks,
Michelle