OK.....try Rescue Remedy and Feliway if you get him into the sunroom.....and expect to spend some extra time there....a nice recliner or other place for you to nap would be wonderful.
On Feb 24, 2010, at 6:02 PM, Emeraldkittee wrote:

hi Mary Christine,

Yes, he was given his basic shots, but I wasn't sure quite how/where Panleuk was covered. Someone mentioned it to me as being something I could transfer via clothing to my other guys, so it got me wondering. He is completely difficult for the vets to handle, and would have to be sedated, but the whole thing is rather dramatic, as I'm sure you are familiar with.

I've been working with him 2 hrs a day since August - initially through the window just talking while he ate, then observing from a far. There was just something about him :).
thanks for your input, it's appreciated.
Shannon

--- On Wed, 2/24/10, MaryChristine <twelvehousec...@gmail.com> wrote:

From: MaryChristine <twelvehousec...@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Felvtalk] intro
To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
Date: Wednesday, February 24, 2010, 5:36 PM

when he was neutered, was he given his basic shots? if so, if you can get him the booster, that'll protect him against panleuk, and the other basics.
depends on your vet--if kitty is really hard to handle or get into a
carrier, some will give you the vaccine to administer at home.

i'm fairly sure that cats don't carry panleuk--if he's been exposed, he'll get sick and get over it, or not, but he won't harbor it forever. anyone? if he were ever a housecat, which it almost sounds as if he might have been at
some point, he could well have been vaccinated as a young one, so has
immunity to panleuk already. (and there's no answer, yet, as to whether or not immunity, once established by the full series of baby shots, is lifelong
or not. i ain't even gonna go there!)

MC
--
Spay & Neuter Your Neighbors!