Thoughts: Your vet (at least in KY) can certify that the cat is not able to be vaccinated safely. There are pros and cons. I've done this with one cat and one dog.

There is a homeopathic remedy, thuja (sp??) that used before and after the vaccination helps. Copper and Thomas had problems with their shots--became very aggressive tiny kittens. I gave them this and it really helped. To emphasize the issue, I waited until long after their shots were due to get them because they came from a pine thicket and needed time to grow and develop. They have. Wonderfully. I am still very careful about their shots.

Check out http://horizonvetserv.com/ for vaccination information.