From: Diane Tyler <drty...@spenserslegacy.org>
Subject: Re: [Felvtalk] ringworm
To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
Date: Wednesday, March 3, 2010, 7:23 PM

I've had lots of success using Program for ringworm. I've used it twice:
this year and several years ago for groups of four or more cats. The dosage
suggestions can be found at this website:

http://www.vetinfo.com/cringwrm.html

I know lots of people might not agree that this is an effective treatment,
but again, it has worked for me and is certainly a lot less stressful than
bathing or dipping.

Good luck!

Diane

On Wed, Mar 3, 2010 at 5:54 PM, Emeraldkittee <emeraldkit...@yahoo.com>wrote:

> just wondering if anyone had a FeLV baby with ringworm?  Whimsy is not
> inside yet, but has started to yank his own fur out - he's got a few red
> spots suddenly that look similiar to scraped knees in people.  I'm planning
> on doing a skin scrape per my vet's instructions but I'm concerned if a) the
> test takes time to send to a lab is ok to bring him in? b) I won't be able
> to bathe him / nor do the sulfar dips, so it would have to be oral meds c)
> can I treat him while he's outside for this?
>
> I can't risk our whole household being infected especially with two other
> immune supressed kitties.
>
> ugh, this throws a curve ball into the plan.  This just started about 1 wk
> ago with lesions appearing about 3 days ago.  I was hoping to get him back
> to the vet and inside over the next week.
>
> Thanks so much, these posts are so helpful and interesting.
> Shannon
>
> anyone else's experiences would be interesting to hear.

Diane Tyler
Spenser's Legacy Animal Rescue
www.SpensersLegacy.org