This did not hold true in my case. Tiny was 5 and Junior was 4. Junior had
tested negative earlier in the year and turned positive. Daisy on the other
hand was a kitten and was a love bug to Lionel, the cat who was brought from
the same shelter.I belive he was the source cause he had a URI and tested
positive for FIV and FELV. She has never been sick. She was probably 10
weeks old and repeatedly exposed for months to him when Pumpkin died from
this. That is how I found out what was going on and tested all the cats. I
lost 4 in total. Junior lived the longest just over two years from testing
positive. He was very symptomatic.

Sally

On Sat, Mar 27, 2010 at 12:00 PM, Gloria Lane <gbl...@aristotle.net> wrote:

> There's also some thought that adult cats have enough natural immunity that
> they don't easily get felv.
>
> Gloria
>

> On Mar 27, 2010, at 10:29 AM, Lorrie <felineres...@kvinet.com> wrote:
>
>  I'm sure different vets have different opinions....  I like
>> the one your vet has......... With 14 cats it's very expensive
>> keeping up with and paying for all these shots.
>>
>> L.
>>
>> On 03-27, Laurieskatz wrote:
>>
>>  My vet no longer recommends FeLV vaccine, either. Tessa, my last
>>> rescue, has not been vaccinated for FeLV. She was tested and
>>> isolated before being introduced to the others. I have usually
>>> tested new cats at least twice before introducing to the others. I
>>> don't have any FeLV+ cats living in my house. If I did, I would
>>> vaccinate the others - at least the first shot and first booster.
>>> My vet thinks the first two (30 days apart) will protect for life.

Sally(me), Eric (not a cat),Junior(angel), Tiny(angel) Fluffy(soul mate
angel), Lionel(angel),Speedy, Grey and White, Ittle Bitty, Little
Black(MIA), Lily, Daisy, Pewter, Junior Junior, Hotdog (newest) Silver, and
 Spike