Yeah, it's my understanding that it needs to get to the tissue in the back of the throat for absorption there...

Will have to look at the laser treatments, haven't read that.

Gloria

On Jun 27, 2010, at 9:50 PM, gary wrote:

Of course, you could always make your own and have a lifetime supply for under $100.

I would disagree with one statement made on Tally's site, she says you can mix the interferon with food. I had always heard that the interferon is absorbed through the mucous membranes and once it got to the stomach it was useless. Island said not to freeze the final dilution and it appears Tally did that with no problem. It may be that Island Pharmacy just didn't want you to be able to keep it more than 90 days. If you were using the 7 on, 7 off protocol, a 90 day supply would last 180 days if you froze the extra.

I thought the info in the lasaer treatments was very interesting.

Gary

From: "Gloria B. Lane" <gbl...@aristotle.net>
Sent: Sunday, June 27, 2010 8:42 PM
To: <felvtalk@felineleukemia.org>
Subject: Re: [Felvtalk] Interferon

Thanks, Gary! I looked at the Franck web site, not a great web site I might add, very disappointing. No link for veterinary products, none for interferon that I could find. I went to IslandPharmacy.com, and no interferon. Too bad they aren't available any longer.

For those interested, Tally was on this group a few years ago and still has some information on interferon and FELV on her web site. You can check it out at http://www.tallyville.com/stomatitis.html

Gloria