Dearest Paola, Blessings to you for loving and caring for Scrappy. So sad for
your loss. Kathi
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: paola cresti<mailto:iend...@yahoo.com>
  To: leukemia list<mailto:felvtalk@felineleukemia.org>
  Sent: Thursday, February 24, 2011 8:26 PM
  Subject: [Felvtalk] Scrappy Angel over the Rainbow Bridge today

  My little Scrappy boy was coming to the end of his fight, I only had him  for
8
  months when he walked into my home and was already in bad condition, hence
the
  "Scrappy" name, I didn't think he was going to live 1 month. at that time.
  Though I should have named him Angel for all the love he gave me, he'd
started
  responding to Scrappy so I kept calling him that.

  I've had plenty of cats in my lifetime, not often do they care for face to
face
  contact with people, but he'd look straight into my eyes lean forward and rub
  his cheek on mine, even placing his paws on my chest to stabilize himself
when
  reaching for me (sometimes I wouldn't realize right away what he was doing).

  The vet said he was 8 years old, so he must have contracted FeLV as an adult.

  He'd stopped eating, had labored breathing and had taken to hiding. His
sunken
  eyes lost any indication of light and so we stopped any more injections or
  treatments and I had to have him laid to rest today.

  Thank you for reading, and for all the information and support I got from
this
  mail-list

  Paola