Thanks Lee,

I have a 'special needs'... mentally and physically.... cat that pulls all
things shiny out. I would have to use safety pins and pray she didn't kill
herself trying to chew it. She chews electrical cords as well and shattered my
laptop display.... She has the "bobble head" disorder. She also falls a lot..on
hard tile floors....

Actually, a friend recommended I buy outdoor patio furniture with cushions made
to be washed. Not a bad idea, I'm thinking.  Not too comfy, but I live by
myself. I could just keep all the cushions in the spare bedroom unless I have
company.  I kept all sofa cushions put away already, and they peed on the sofas
anyway. No wicker, but they can't scratch metal. I'm considering it.

Except for the heating aspect, my bed has at least 4 waterproof quilted layers
on it. When someone wets the bed I can throw off the covers, peel off the top
mattress pad, shower off, grab a blanket, and go back to sleep!

I have conquered the bed and done away with carpet. I'm good except the sofas!
Of course they'll just find another place if they want. They know they have the
powerrrrr!

I saw a lots great ideas!

My vet said to just face the fact that if you have elderly cats they will
eventually have kidney problems.... true.

tonya

>________________________________

 heat process.  You have to look this up in the phone book though, under
plasticizing or phone an upholstery company and see if they can do that.

>As a last resort, put your sofa and love seat and TV in a separate room  that
>can be closed off and put plastic lawn furniture in you living room and turn
>the living room over to the misbehaving cat.
>
>I'm going to buy some of that cat attract litter.  Can it be mixed with pine
>litter or clay litter? I can't afford anything very expensive.  I usually get
>donated litter here.  I have so many cats who think outside of the box that I
>no longer use a pooper scooper.  I use a small yard shovel.  Sigh.  The
>President of one of our rescue organizations is going to build an outside
>shelter attached to a shed on her property for 15 cats who will never learn
>litter box protocol.  They were rescued after their former owner passed away.
>They are older
 cats with set habits and some health issues, not adoptable.  It seems like the
cat rescue movement is  filled with saints and angels, the best of the human
species.