 From: Lance <lini...@fastmail.fm>
To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
Sent: Friday, June 14, 2013 3:31 PM
Subject: Re: [Felvtalk] [OT] congenital peritoneopericardial diaphragmatic
hernia

Thank you for your thoughts, Margo. Yes, surgery is stressful, and it could
cause the FeLV to kick in. We've been very fortunate, but you never know what
will happen when FeLV, FIV, or any other random health issue is in the mix.

I am concerned that the hernia could progress. Maybe it won't happen tomorrow
or next week or next month, but it seems like something to treat sooner rather
than pressing our luck.

It does seem like this particular operation has a low incidence of mortality,
and that the complications are usually easy to deal with. Hyperthermia is one
of the most common complications, and that seems easy enough to guard against.

I am considering taking her farther away to a veterinary teaching hospital,
though the surgeon who did the diagnostic seems to be prepared for
possibilities. I know that someone stays at his office all night to check on
the animals.

Still, yuck.

Lance