I have no idea of the safety, but you might want to look into the newer
topicals such as Activyl and Simpleguard as it seems Rev/Adv/Frontline
aren't as effective as they used to be, for many of us anyway.  Program is
said to be very safe, as it Capstar (not a preventative) so there might be
combinations you could use to try and gently but effectively treat &
prevent.