"Titer" with one "t". An option in some cases, but by no means a guarantee. I seldom vaccinate against anything but Rabies past the first booster, but skipping Rabies can become problematic, since it is (generally) legally mandated.  Which means that a pet with no proof of vaccination can be subject to seizure, quarantine and sometimes forced testing. Testing for rabies is done using the head/brain of an animal. Check your local laws before deciding. There are many situations where a cat can be accused of exposing someone to rabies, and even a scratch to a visitor, neighbor or passerby can bring Rabies laws into play.

I do use the Purevax three year rabies, which is recognized in my State.

From this article;

http://www.catster.com/lifestyle/antibody-titers-cat-vaccinations-cats-vaccines-ask-a-vet

"Sadly, at this time titers also appear to be of little use in determining whether cats require other vaccines, such as those against rabies, coronavirus (FIP), or feline leukemia virus. This is partly because titers for these diseases are not readily available in a commercial setting, and partly because less is understood about whether titers offer an accurate approximation of immunity for these diseases. Bear in mind that rabies vaccines in cats are often mandated by law, and that most jurisdictions will not consider titers in lieu of vaccination."

Margo

-----Original Message-----
From: Rachel Dagner
Sent: Jun 8, 2016 10:41 AM
To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
Subject: Re: [Felvtalk] different types of Felv

That book I mentioned by Dr. Martin Goldstein mentions all kinds of illnesses that happened to animals coinciding with vaccines. Many vets believe that after a couple of vaccines they are protected for life, Goldstein does something called tittering so he can check the antibodies of his patients to know if they need to have another vaccine. How likely is it that our cats will get rabies? Slim to none and slim is out of town! Sorry about Scotchie. L Horrible.