I had the same situation but when the IFA is negative, the cat should shed the
virus after testing negative.   They normally retest every 3 months for the
felv elisa test.  The IFA test is 99.9% accurate.

-----Original Message-----
From: Felvtalk [mailto:felvtalk-boun...@felineleukemia.org] On Behalf Of
Corinne Shank
Sent: Wednesday, December 21, 2016 8:34 PM
To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
Subject: Re: [Felvtalk] Negative IFA test

Amy,

Your story is similar to mine.  I think that there is so much that vets don't
know about Felv, so it is great to hear from others with their situation.  When
I found out that she had Felv from the Elisa test,  her blood work was fairly
normal and since that time she has gained weight.  So I think it is wait and
see situation.  She still likes to wake me up at 3:00 am 😡, so I think she
still feels good.

Sent from my iPhone