From: Lorraine Johnston <johnston1...@comcast.net>
To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
Sent: Sun, 21 Apr 2019 14:51:09 -0400 (EDT)
Subject: Re: [Felvtalk] Hyper thyroid in cats

a:link, span.MsoHyperlink
        {mso-style-priority:99;
        color:blue;
        text-decoration:underline;}
a:visited, span.MsoHyperlinkFollowed
        {mso-style-priority:99;
        color:purple;
        text-decoration:underline;}
p.MsoAcetate, li.MsoAcetate, div.MsoAcetate
        {mso-style-priority:99;
        mso-style-link:"Balloon Text Char";
        margin:0in;
        margin-bottom:.0001pt;
        font-size:8.0pt;
        font-family:"Tahoma","sans-serif";}
span.EmailStyle17
        {mso-style-type:personal-reply;
        font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";
        color:black;}
span.BalloonTextChar
        {mso-style-name:"Balloon Text Char";
        mso-style-priority:99;
        mso-style-link:"Balloon Text";
        font-family:"Tahoma","sans-serif";}
.MsoChpDefault
        {mso-style-type:export-only;
        font-size:10.0pt;}
@page WordSection1
        {size:8.5in 11.0in;
        margin:1.0in 1.0in 1.0in 1.0in;}
div.WordSection1
        {page:WordSection1;}
-->You might also want to consider the methimazole gel that can be rubbed onto
the inside of the tip of the ear. We’ve had great luck with that. It bypasses
all the GI upset that oral methimazole can cause. - Lorraine On April 18, 2019
at 3:12 PM "dlg...@windstream.net" <dlg...@windstream.net> wrote:Hello
everyoone,
I have a 12 year old former feral who was diagnosed with hyper thyroid
yesterday.  Herm level is 4.7 and she is one meds, 2.5mg of Felimazole morning
and evening.  I had one cat about 10 years ago that we did radioactive iodine.
the isolation was very hard
on her and she went downhill after she got home, bleeeding from nose, etc.
don't really want to repeat that.  Homey is especially bonded with me and has
been my caregiver since my heart surgery.  she has alerted me to one time of
gasping for air in the night
and 3 instances of low sugar.  she sleeps plastered to my chest and when she is
on my lap, holds on to me .  I am very attached to her and do not want to loose
her so am hoping meds work.