Hi Denise,

These could be caused by many things and Meechie's age
is not necessarily a contributing factor (I'm giving
that vet a day-late kick in the butt from across the
country).  Someone else suggested her blood sugar; did
he even check that?  Typically, she wouldn't have come
out of it without dextrose or glucose if it was
diabetic-related, though.  I'd at least start with a
CBC and see how things look there.

She'll be in my thoughts and prayers; I know how hard
this is.  Is there any possibility at all that should
could have ingested something she shouldn't have and
had a toxic reaction?

Julie

=====
"I hold that, the more helpless a creature, the more entitled it is
 to protection by man from the cruelty of man. "

by the way its animals are treated."

       Mohandas Gandhi (1869-1948)