Oh, how sad.  At least she had a happy year with loving parents (not even going to comment on the cretin who she got her from).

I hope she joins soon; I'm not quite clear if the regular vet who diagnosed leukemia meant that it was feline leukemia as opposed to a cancerous leukemia that might not have been related to the virus.  It sounds like he wants her other cats tested, though, so maybe it was feline leukemia.  The jaundice may or may not have been related, but there was obviously something going on with the liver as well.

Having been in her place (a negative cat who comes up positive, in my case, years later) I know what a shock it is; it's like the bottom of your stomach drops out.  So far, knock wood, as my guys go in for something they are being retested and coming up negative.  Honestly, though, after my experience, I don't place the reliance in the test that I once did.

I hope all is well with her other kitties!  Fingers and paws crossed here!

Julie

"I hold that, the more helpless a creature, the more entitled it is
to protection by man from the cruelty of man. "

by the way its animals are treated."

Mohandas Gandhi (1869-1948)

Do you Yahoo!?