Dear Friends,

I work for a University and imagine how interested I was to find an article about a pioneer in the research of viruses and interferon in the campus newspaper!  The article included a bit of information that I didn't know and thought you might find interesting:

     'The chills or fever often experienced during a viral infection such as the flu are caused not by the virus, but by interferon going to work'.

It never occured to me that the RESPONSE (interferon) of my body was actually a good thing in terms of getting better sooner!  It also explains why some hepatitis patients treated with interferon experience a good deal of pain.  And also makes sense in light of not trying to reduce a fever (unless it's super-high).

So, that led me to the Virbagen site to see if there was an explanation of how the feline Omega interferon is cloned (there is and it's very interesting) and lo and behold, the Omega interferon is freeze-dried!  It has to be reconstituted to use, but doesn't need refrigeration so that should make getting it from Canada even easier!

Hope you find my ramblings interesting!

Julie

"I hold that, the more helpless a creature, the more entitled it is
to protection by man from the cruelty of man. "

by the way its animals are treated."

Mohandas Gandhi (1869-1948)

Paws Come WITH Claws - If you're thinking about de-clawing your cat, you need to re-think your decision to acquire a pet.

Do you Yahoo!?