Dear Gloria,

I am so very sorry that Cala has gone.  My heart just aches for all the losses you have suffered in such a short time.  I am comforted by thinking of Cala romping with her friends, leaping from cloud to cloud, and trying to decide between shrimp and lobster for snacktime.

I know they are all watching over you, and your hearts and souls will be forever together.

How lucky you were to have each other, even though the time was far too short.

Take care of yourself and know that you are in my thoughts and prayers.

Love, Julie

"Gloria B. Lane" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
My baby Cala just died, age 3yrs. Her name was expanded to be "Her Royal
Preciousness, Calawalla Banana, Boo-Boo".

Her pictures are here:
http://f1.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/gblane1/album?.dir=/fc9a&.src="">
She was a cute little calico kitten when I took her in, in August
2001. Perky, and friendly, she liked to meet people at the door, and
liked other cats once she got to know them. She liked to sleep in her own
chair, and had a loft scratching post that she spent a lot of time in.

She came to my house as an outside kitten, that I fed along with Mr. Black
Kitty and Mr. Gray Kitty. She and MBK were diagnosed FELV+, and I figure
MGK probably was too, although I couldn't catch him. She had no illness
till this May.

She was my "Senior" kitty, a! s several died in 2001, 2002, and 2003 - my
three 18 year olds (Otto, Lucy and Nicky) made their departure, along with
Mr. Black Kitty and Mittens.

Cala had lost some lung function the first of May 2004, when she was
diagnosed with Lymphoma.

I couldn't figure out what was wrong yesterday - so took her to the
emergency vet about 5am today, who said she was in kidney failure. She
began her process of leaving this world on the way home, and I placed her
on a mat on my bed as she went thru the quiet process. She was a beautiful
girl, and I had great hopes for her overcoming the lymphoma, and was very
surprised when she took the sudden turn. I know she's in good hands now,
and happy with her friends Mittens and MBK and other babies to play with.

Sadly,
Gloria

"I hold that, the more helpless a creature, the more entitled it is
to protection by man from the cruelty of man. "

"The greatness of! a nation and its moral progress can be judged
by the way its animals are treated."

Mohandas Gandhi (1869-1948)

Paws Come WITH Claws!!!

If you're thinking about de-clawing your cat, you need to re-think your decision to acquire a pet.

Do you Yahoo!?