Sir,

I am working on building a tts using unit selection. I am replacing my auto
labled .lab file with manually edited .lab files and then carrying out
normal procedure to train the system
 the steps I used is given below after labelling the files.

$FESTVIVALDIR/bin/festival -b festvox/build_clunits.scm '(build_utts
"etc/sp_unit_selection.data")'

./bin/make_pm_wave wav/*.wav > make_pm_wave.txt

./bin/make_mcep wav/*.wav > make_mcep.txt

$FESTVIVALDIR/bin/festival -b --heap 10000000 festvox/build_clunits.scm
'(build_clunits "etc/sp_unit_selection.data")' > build_clunits.txt

###PROSODY modeling### if data is too small then leave it. The system will
work without it.
./bin/make_dur_model > make_dur_model.txt #for prosody
./bin/make_f0_model
./bin/make_f0_pm wav/*.wav #for prosody > make_f0_pm.txt

Now after I completed the training, when I test with my trained data the
sentences are not reading correctly, there were few pronunciation mistakes
means it seems to me that they are using phone concatenation [similar to
diphone concatenation].

I am totally new with this concept but as fas as I have read, in unit
selection they search for sentence match else phrase , word at the end
phones

So my question is: Is there any reason for this error? I mean while labeling
I am not indicating where is word break , phrase or sentence break
Should I use this Break?

Please it will be very kind of you if you could help to correct myself in
this matter

Thank You

Shammur Absar Chowdhury