Hi all,

I'm looking to distribute a unit selection voice built with festvox.
However, the recording files which are part of the voice are really huge
(think 1 GB).  I figure that I can lower the sampling rate drastically, but
this decreases the audio quality greatly, and the files still are quite
large.  Is there any way that festival can access the recordings in a
compressed format?  Ideally speex, ogg, or some other lossy format would be
great, but even something like FLAC would help in this case. (I'd probably
have to use it in combination with downsampling).
'
>From what I can find in the festvox scripts generated, there appears to be
the option "sig_ext", which is set to ".wav".  However, it's unclear if it
will work with anything other than wav files.

Jeremy