message from Jon Spriggs <j...@sprig.gs> to festival-talk
= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =
On 3 January 2012 12:48, Alan W Black <a...@cs.cmu.edu> wrote:
> Jon Spriggs wrote:
<snip>
> BTW You can usually get ncurses from an ncurses-dev package from what ever
> package management system you are usuing.

Yehr, I know. I'm just trying to make sure I can get a repeatable
build whatever happens. Plus, I'm mildly awkward in that as I'll be
building it on one system, and then uploading it to another system, I
want to make sure I have all the dependencies in one neat package I
can ship together.

<snip>
> In speech_tools/config/config uncomment the lastline
>
> # COMPILERLIBS =
>
> And add you explicit -L PATHTOLIBNCURSES.*
>
> That's sort of a global hammer for getting things in the LD arguments.

Well, it didn't quite work right. If I run make (rather than make
make_library) I get past the ncurses stuff, and then get an error.

This is where I've set the flags in the ./configure:
http://pastebin.com/NMfqh6FH
Then here's where I've set the flags in ./configure and in
config/config, running make (not make make_library):
http://paste2.org/p/1850875
I've set the flags in ./configure and in config/config, and have run
make make_library: http://paste2.org/p/1850887 (It's worked!)
Now, I go into ../festival and run ./configure then make:
http://pastebin.me/d616f84b269b0e1deb832143700779d8 (It's not worked
:( )

(Apologies for the differing pasting sites, but I basically went
through a handful to get one that'd take the sizes of text I was
posting)

What more can I do or provide? I'm really getting lost here.

In positive news, I have a blog post all-written up, that just needs
these details to make it work before I'll post it!

Realistically, all I need is the text2wave binary, so if there's
something I can do to bypass building other stuff to get that working,
that'd be useful :)

All the best (and thanks for your help Alan)
--
Jon "The Nice Guy" Spriggs