I am working on securing ffserver from unauthorized requests.  For now it's a
simple apache redirect, but later on it could be a php module doing a simple
url parameters based authentication prior to a redirect.  I tried testing
apache redirect option, but the streaming won't start.  What in your opinion
may prevent streaming?  All apache httpd does is to redirect a request like
this:

sudo ffmpeg -r 2 -s 352x288 -f flv -f video4linux2 -i /dev/video0
http://localhost/testphp.ffm

to http://localhost:8090/feed1.ffm

ffserver receives the request (as seen in the logs), but doesn't provide the
feed to it, nor does any streaming.

Thanks,

Ivan