Holly,
I dont have an avl, just a second hand leclerc tension box for one loom's warp beam with one inch sections and now an ebay Norwood tension box that will do two inch sections for my other loom. I like the leclerc better because it fits on the back beam and slides back and forth to be right at the section I am winding..

I thread the box one thread at a time over and under the pegs and through the little reed thing. tie them together so they dont slide back while I am messing with the next thread. I put them in in order from one side of the rack to the other, left spool in each row, second left in each row, ect. the leclerk box has a little one inch holder to put all the threads under as well. the result should be the same width as your section in the beam. I start in the center section, and wind out alternately on each side.

Get the box close to the beam section, attach it to the cord and turn the beam. The threads should go on under tension. Dont worry about the knot, it gets covered in a few turns.

The hard part for me is after winding, getting the tape on right so it doesnt disturb the thread order. The robin and russ book is great on that. good pictures. It says tape the threads to the knee beam in front when threading, and take them out one at a time!!!! why didnt I figure that out.!

Anyway my tension is best with sectional warping.
nancy
To stop mail temporarily mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
with the message: set nomail  To restore send: set mail